Image Map

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Heather-3, Universe-0

Remember that movie Final Destination? You know, where Death comes 'round to get ya...when your number's up, your number's up and all that. Have you ever considered that Mondays work on the same principle? You can't escape them! 

My Monday was decent. It was almost, dare I say, nice. I did the things I normally do: laundry and what not. I played with my boy and his new birthday toys. The sun was actually shining, so we played outside. I enjoyed it right up until the very last minutes.

Right before bed, I received an email from K's friend's mother. It simply said to please contact her ASAP. So I did, this morning. But first I gave my dear child the opportunity to tell me what the heck was going on, so I wasn't blindsided. Of course this resulted in the standard defensive voice and tears and doe-eyed look of innocence. "Well, maybe I was a little mean to her, but only as a comeback to what she said {but golly, mom, I can't seem to recall anything that anyone said, ever}." As any mother with daughters will tell you, that's a less than ideal way to start your morning. But, alas, off to school they go. {Plus side: I get to flex my mama bear muscle--it's been a while}

As I continue to get ready for my day, I get a text from Josh saying our property manager will be out to check into why exactly our washer is no longer getting any water. [[In the meantime, we have moved the hose to another faucet that it still working, so I can wash clothes.]] Well now I know Sven's coming this afternoon, I have to change it back so he can figure things out. So, I turn the water 'righty, tighty' as far as it will go and proceed to remove the hose. As I do, water starts spewing out at me. So I twist tighter, but it's as far as it's going. I have to grab random clothing items to try and control the water explosion happening in my hands, but it's no use. Water is getting everywhere, so I say 'what the heck' and turn lefty loosey. BAD MOVE! When I say that it was comedic how much water was gushing out and up and onto the ground, bear in mind, I was not laughing at the time. What I was doing, was saying things the manliest of sailors would blush at (and for that, I apologize).  I finally had to get on TOP of the washer and use both hands to turn the nozzle back to the right to finally stop the madness. I slapped on my rain boots, grabbed some towels and mopped it up all to the tune of my heart pounding and Peyton bellowing my name from his high chair. Had I seen my favorite New Girl go through this very thing, I would be overcome by laughter, and so after the fact I can chuckle imagining I'm Jess.  {Plus side: I got to change my socks-I LOVE SOCKS! I also got to imagine what my theme song would be if I were Jess}

Watergate being over meant it was time for me to head to one of my least favorite places--the commissary. It was a very uneventful trip, but I still dread it every week. Who knew there'd come a day when I missed Walmart?! When I finally made it home from my errands (and Popeye's lunch), I put everything away. Since we have an unused, fully furnished apartment upstairs, I use that refrigerator/freezer for my overflow groceries. I was upstairs putting those things away and grabbing something from my craft room so...15 minutes, maybe. Peyton was asleep and I could hear if he woke up, so I wasn't too worried. What I couldn't hear was the sound of the universe trying to bring me down again. This time in the form of a black banana peel, dirty diapers, and Khloe. Curse that little bugg, she tipped the trashcan so our dirty trash was strewn everywhere!  {Plus side: our floors are now nice and clean!}

I have two points today. ONE) No, you cannot escape "monday". It could be Thursday, and you can still have a "monday". They stink. But, TWO) you can choose to let those little "monday" things define your attitude, or you can stay positive and refuse to let the universe bring you down! I whole heartedly believe in self-fulfilling prophecies and the power of positive thinking! I encourage you to give it a try, too! And if that doesn't work, at least have a laugh on me...

...who's that girl...who's that girl...it's

 photo sig_zps1d81acf9.png

***UPDATE***

It was brought to my attention that "you can't leave the stories unresolved like that". So, just to let you know, everything is fine with K and her friend. It was just a little preteen drama. On again-off again friendships, and she said this and she said that nonsense. After a chat with the teacher and a guidance counselor (and some outside influence from the moms involved), they're 'on again'. All is right with the world. Sheesh...hormones. 

As for our washer. A technician did come look at it, ran through all the same things Josh and the property manager had gone through, and determined it is broken. (So far, I'm not impressed with German handymen.) He ended up moving the hose BACK to the one I had it on, and left it like that so I could do laundry. Apparently someone else will come fix it. So, if you're keeping track, that's a property manager to determine it may be broken, a technician to confirm it is indeed broken, and a separate technician to actually fix it. Checks and balances, friends. 

No comments: