Image Map

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bavarian Vacation

Another action and fun filled weekend is in the books for the Stinson clan. We decided to spend Martin Luther King Jr. weekend in the Bavarian Alps. We had gone over Memorial Day weekend, shortly after we arrived in Germany last spring, and really enjoyed it. So it seemed a good choice for a winter mini vacation this year.


However, we did two things this time that we didn't do last time. 1) We went with friends and 2) we took ski/snowboard lessons. What better place to learn than the Alps, right?! 

We had an awesome time! The kids and Josh took ski lessons, and I did snowboarding. The first day it was the girls' and my lessons. They came home saying "my feet are a little sore from the boots". Meanwhile, I'm dragging my limp body around the room, popping Advil, and wishing I had brought the heating pads. My everything hurt. I spent more time on my butt/face/knees/back than I did on my feet. And I have the bruises and muscle stiffness to prove it. But I had a blast, and can't wait to go again. I'm thinking that's all that really matters.

one of the few times I stayed up! 

ski bunny one

ski bunny two
Josh had his lessons the second day and the girls continued theirs, as well. Josh of course was mastering techniques right out of the gate. Looking like he had been doing it for years. Natural talent is so annoying, but yay him. The kids actually got to leave "the backyard" and go up the mountain to the bunny slopes. They said it was a little scary at first, but they loved it. Kyla said she's a ski bunny now. We were so worried they would be worn out and over it by the end of the weekend lessons, but they were begging to go again. I guess we are going to have to move above sea level when we move back to the states! 
The pro skier
In addition to all the fun on the slopes (or icy hills), we had a little R&R. We hit up the pool-where Peyton showed us all he's a water baby-and we had a nice Italian dinner in town with friends. Then we headed back to the lodge for a very entertaining version of Minute to Win It, and fireworks. 

A very nice weekend with the right balance of action and rest (and Apollo 13). 
Peyton had a blast in the snow


 photo signatureheart_zpsaa1510f0.png

No comments: