Image Map

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Paris: Smash*book Style

Something I wanted to share with my fellow crafty peeps goes along with my previous Paris post. It's my Smash*book. If you've never heard of a Smash*book, it's a sort of junque journal with no real rules.They've really been around forever, but K&Company just made it pretty. They come in a variety of sizes and designs, each one offering pages specific to its particular design.

When we decided to move to Germany, I bought the travel book. Turns out I will be needing more than one to document all of our trips! It's a great way to incorporate pictures and mementos from your trips (or everyday life OR whatever you want), that would otherwise just sit in a drawer. I used to scrapbook when the girls were younger, and I found that that just took so much patience and every little thing to be right. I would get discouraged after one page (that took an hour), and eventually just quit altogether. You know what Sweet Brown would say...."ain't nobody got time for that!"

With this style of documenting, I can literally just glue something down, no rhyme or reason. Though, this book at least still has reason. But I can grab a pamphlet from a museum or a menu from a restaurant, and include it in the book. It just makes more sense to me this way. Plus, I now have the whole family looking for smash-able goodies. When Josh went to Turkey, he brought back all sorts of goodies! It adds something extra to the trip-like a scavenger hunt.

Today I thought I would just share with you a few of the pages I did for the Paris trip we took in July, that you can read about here.



How do you document your vacations or special occasions? Are you a photo album person? Maybe a traditional scrapbook? Do you Smash or mini album? Let's talk about it! 


 photo signatureheart_zpsaa1510f0.png

No comments: