Image Map

Monday, January 20, 2014

Hello, Dark Side? I'd like my child back.

I think it's safe to say we are entering "terrible" territory. With only a few weeks until my boy's birthday, he has really ramped up the rotten. Screaming, climbing everything (today I found him in a window sill, saying "mommy, can you help Peyton?"), throwing, and just general bad boy behavior. I don't mind it too much. Partly because he's my baby, and I know I'll long for these days soon enough. And partly because he only does it at home where I can semi ignore it.

He could be acting like the biggest butt at home, but the minute we leave the house, he's angelic. I can't really argue with that. At least he's learned what's socially acceptable...

Unfortunately, we've spent the last two days cooped up at home. Wednesday was spent creating a model bird for a fourth grade project. In said fourth grader's defense, she did work and create the project herself. She even turned it in early! That's when she was told that it must be made of clay. So, mom spent the next day trying every clay recipe on Pinterest and constructing a model of the yellow shouldered blackbird. I hated birds before this, and I absolutely loathe them now. After the third try, I finally got it, though. 

Today has been a frantic packing day. We are taking a ski trip this weekend, and I  am usually tasked with prepping all the bags. I try to think of every possible scenario we might encounter while on a trip. I'm a classic overpacker. This time was a little different since we actually need a bunch of random things. Snow boots and swim suits shouldn't be in the same suitcase. And since we are home and the boy is in his comfy rottenness, it's been quite the challenge to get things done. And loud. If there's one thing that really tops my list of annoyances, it's the screaming.

Playing with the toilet brush is pretty high on that list, too. Yuck. 
 photo signatureheart_zpsaa1510f0.png

No comments: